Food Stories - Grow the growers
When: 23rd May 2017 8:00am - 29th May 2017 2:00pm
Where: Moruya and surrounds
Cost: Visit the SAGE Farmers Market website for further information
Food is the connective tissue of life; binding trade, nourishment, people, land and nature together. Over seven days and nights FOOD STORIES examines that web of interactions through the example of the hugely successful Sage Farmers Market in Moruya.
Each pathway is not just a lesson in farming processes but in the individual life stories of the people involved. Their stories are as vital as the growing tips they will share.
As a celebration of food, it is proper that we will be eating lots of it! In our tent on the Moruya River we will prepare meals together while trading recipes and learning from local chefs.
Day to day -
The itinerary below is an approximation of the week which will respond to different weather situations. Each day starts with breakfast in the River tent. Lunch is usually in the field. Unless indicated dinner will be cooked at the river tent.
- Tuesday 23 May 8am. Pick up in Sydney, travel to Moruya for workshop welcome and then visit Moruya Farmers Market. Enjoy an evening with the growers and old farmers where we will cook for the growers in our river tent using their own produce.
- Wednesday 24 May. Breakfast by the river, visit SAGE Garden - Talks on evolution of the garden, garden layout and challenges. Visit Queen Street Growers. Visit Old Mill Road Bio Farm. Enjoy a communal cook up for dinner.
- Thursday 25 May. Travel to Tilba for workshop with South Coast Cheese. Afternoon visit Narooma Seafood. Visit wharf and processing facility. Dinner at the River Restaurant Moruya.
- Friday 26 May. The oyster day. Visit McAsh Oysters by barge. Lunch on freshly shucked oysters, Dinner with local chef in river tent.
- Saturday 27 May. Montague island excursion via Narooma Charters. Lunch at the Blue Earth Cafe in Bodalla. Pop up dinner.
- Sunday 28 May. Visit belted Galloways at Mogendoura Farm, Moruya. Walk Bingi Dreaming track with local Aboriginal guide. Evening at Dadirri with Stuart for last meal and celebration.
- Monday 29 May. Travel home to Sydney after breakfast.